Friday, May 24, 2013

Design Team Entry for Lavish Laces

I am posting images of two projects i just finished to be considered for a Design Team member for Lavish Laces. Lavish Laces has a shop on etsy with beautiful laces, trims, rosettes and much more. Jaizella is a sweet heart so please head on over and check out her shop, you will love all she carries.

I have created two projects for this this entry and I do plan on making a yutube video but n the outside chance I don't get it done  want to make sure I posted the images on my blog and also Facebook. I just moved into our new house and things are crazy so getting to the box with the video camera is challenging.

My first is a banner in which I used the new Prima Doll stamps, this was the first one I got and I love it, I do have the others on the way. The papers i used where also Prima , Rondelle. I love Rondelle and have been wanting to use it for quite some time.
First, I adhered paper front and back, then added gesso and a mask(stars) to the paper. Then added a doily, die cut, shredded paper from the Rondelle line and lastly cheese clothe all of which I distressed . I cut the doll out and paper pieced her clothes added pearls and sprayed with Clam Bake and Jack Frost and lastly dry glitter. Prima bling in the corner.
Vintage lace is on both side along with vintage fringe.  I added a crocheted doily with a hand made flower out of dress pattern paper with a bling in center. I added a pink Prima flower , I am Roses flowers which I spritzed pink and one blue then added gesso and Jack frost spray. There are little bits here and there that were in my stash. I also added a Tim Holtz pin with a charm. I added a wood word INSPIRE on the side which I distressed , glittered and flat back pearls.
I made my own hanger which I added whte paint , held on with three tiny clothes pins I also painted and added muslin and seam binding  I dyed tied to the top of hanger.




 My second project was a Configuration Box by Tim Holtz. I had alot of fun making this. The paper line was Graphic 45 Little Darlings, which I love so very much.
  I first started by gessoing (if thats a word) the whole box and the little boxes as well. I then covered the cover and back with a vintage rectangle shape doily. I then added gorgeous vintage lace to the binding of the box which over lapped onto the cover. I then added a smaller round vintage piece on the cover and surrounded it with various flowers from Prima, I am Roses (all being spritzed and gessoed , hand made and then a small peice of lace with a resin Melissa Frances cherub on top. I sprayed all the flowers with Jack Frost and Clam Bake and added dry glitter. Lower right corner wood word LOVE that  distress with ink and then sprayed and dry glittered. Top lft corner I added muslin and seam binding all of which I dyed and distressed.
 I added a white piece of lace to tie the front and back, Inside front cover I layered white fluffy trim with a absolutely gorgeous vintage trim that drapes just beautifully. I added a cream trim over the two to hide and layer as well a the four corners with metal corner embellishments, which I added gesso and vintage white paint.  Inside front cover I added a page front the paper line which is so touching and pretty so I didnt want to do to much so I added wings and some pretty bling in the corner.
  The small boxes I decided to cut up one of the paper pages which was perfect to add in each box. I added trims , frames tiles, flowers die cuts cheese  clothe and metal embellishments.
  I added a floral pink trim all around the side of the box.
  I love the way it turned out I hope you do as well.



















No comments:

Post a Comment